Presco’s Detectable Marking Tape consists of a minimum 5.0 mil overall thickness. Construction is 0.8 mil clear virgin polypropylene film, reverse printed and laminated to a 0.35 solid aluminum foil core and then laminated to a 3.75 mil clear virgin polyethylene film. Tape is printed with our APWA Color-Coded, patented “Diagonally Striped” design with big, bold, black lettering to identify a specific buried utility line.
- 5.0 Mil Overall Thickness
- 0.80 Mil Polypropylene Film Thickness
- 0.35 Mil Solid Aluminum Foil Core
- 3.75 Mil Polyethylene Film Thickness
- Reverse Printed Polypropylene Structure
- Diagonally Striped Design (Patented)
- Acid, Alkali, Chemical, and Oil Resistant
- Direct Burial Rated
- Made in the USA
Presco has numerous mats with various standard legends available to our customers. Upon request, custom mats can be produced for your specific needs. A custom mat charge will apply. Presco’s proprietary printing process requires controlled parameters.
Presco’s Detectable Marking Tape meets or exceeds all applicable ASTM specifications.
- ASTM D2103-08: Standard Specification for Polyethylene Films and Sheeting.
- ASTM D882-09: Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties and Elongation of Thin Plastic Sheeting.
- ASTM D2578-08: Standard Test Method for Wetting Tension of Polyethylene and Polypropylene Films.
- ASTM D792-08: Standard Test Methods for Density of Plastics by Displacement.
- ASTM D671-93: Standard Test Method for Flexural Fatigue of Plastics.