Presco Detectable Underground Warning Tape is used for accurately locating and preventing damage to valuable underground utility installations. It has an aluminum backing to make underground assets easy to find using a non-ferrous locator. Properly installed, this tape helps avoid catastrophically inaccurate digging when locating utilities such as electrical lines, gas pipes and communication cables.
• Endures temperatures from -60ºF to 250ºF
• Permanently imprinted with black ink
• Durable laminate construction
• APWA colors provided, see page 1 for codes
• Private labeling, UPC coding and other custom packaging requirements available.
Presco Prints Detectable Underground Warning Tape
Presco has numerous mats with various standard legends available to our customers. Upon request, custom mats can be produced for your specific needs. Custom mat charge will apply. Presco’s proprietary printing process requires controlled parameters.
Presco Underground Warning Tape (Detectable and Non-Detectable) exceeds all industry specs, including:
• American Gas Association (AGA): 72-D-56
• American Petroleum Institute (API): Code API RP 1109
• American Public Works Association (APWA): APWA Uniform Color Code
• Department of Transportation (DOT): Office of Pipeline Safety USAS Code for Pressure Piping B31.8
• Federal Gas Safety: Regulation S-192-321(e)
• General Services Administration (GSA) Public Buildings Service Guide: PBS 4-1501, Amendment 2
• National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB): 1973 Report PSS-73-1
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): Regulation 1926-956(c)(1) covering the location of underground utility lines
• Rural Electrification Authority (REA): National Electric Safety Code for Underground Construction Hazards